My Travel Bucket List always guides where I go next. It has to be something new, one new item crossed. Done 34/86.
- Own a travel finds-filled home
- Go to Spain
- Learn French and actually converse in France
Learn Spanish and converse in Spanish.After seeing Pope Francis at the Vatican, we found ourselves in a cramped bus full of worldwide travelers. I chanced upon a friendly Peruvian and tried my mighty best to practice my level 2 Spanish. Go to Europe. France and Italy check! Stay in an artsy hostel. First try in Kuala Lumpur. Next in Bangkok.
- Watch Oprah show live
- Go to Palawan
- Go to Davao
See the Pope at the Vatican. What a feeling at the Vatican Square to be one with the world. See the Colloseo. Rome’s Colloseo was majestic and surreal! See the Eiffel Tower. Oh Paris, you are love! Experience winter Christmas. Heard one Christmas mass in Rome. Spent another Christmas with the family in Hongkong. Walk in the concrete jungle of New York. Finally knew why I was looking forward to New York. Watch a Broadway show. Saw 2, slept on the longest running Broadway one– The Phantom of the Opera. My bad. Meet friends somewhere in the world. Oh yes, exhilarating! 3 friends: 1 flew in from Canada, another from Jersey, and the 3rd was a super random meet-up, all roads led to LA!
ee the fuss about the Hollywood. Even took the TMZ bus for the Hollywood buzz. See the Angkor Wat. This Cambodian expedition was inspired by Angelina Jolie’s Tomb Raider film.
- Travel Southeast Asia. Did Malaysia on a solo trip, Singapore, Vietnam, Thailand done, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar, Brunei, East Timor soon!
Get lost in Venice. Randomly did get lost in the narrow alleys of Venice. Visit Bohol. With lover and friends, I did. Bohol was unexpectedly expensive!
- See Greece
Experience the shopping haven of Milan. Milan window shopping, we did! haha Taste the gelato in Florence. In the freezing air of winter in Florence, why not! Taste authentic Italian pizza and pasta. Pizza in Venice was good. Tried pasta in Milan, it was bland to be honest. At least I got another perspective on world food. Travel alone in a totally different continent. Stayed in a house of a person I just met. She’s now a dear friend. Braved the train and bus systems. Navigated myself by myself in Los Angeles!
- See Turkey
- Swim in the enchanted river of Surigao
- Get lightheaded in the colors of Morocco
- Own a travelers cafe
- Voluntour somewhere in the world
Go to Batanes. Batanes is still one of the most beautiful places in the Philippines for me. Learn to Surf. Learned and stood in Baler. Roam a town on Motorcycle. Saw the whole of Bantayan Island on the backride. Dance in Ati-atihan. People went drunk crazy in Kalibo, Aklan! See a camel in (person) animal. Humongous camels in Bahrain and Dubai.
- Get published in a travel magazine
- Win a travel photography contest
- See what’s up in Bali
- Try bungee jumping
See the Banaue Rice Terraces. It was raining, we can’t trek so we photographed the rice terraces from afar instead. 2015, finally was able to do the whole trek. It punished my physically unprepared body! Work in a foreign country. Experienced being an expat in Bahrain. Did copywriting in an ad agency. See the Burj Khalifa. Dubai has the fascination for creating tallest, grandest, craziest things. Visit the Holy Land. Our Holy Land tour was life changing. Swim in the dead sea. I floated in the dead sea! There was no way I’d drown! Amazing! Experience desert safari. Our Dubai 4×4 driver was young, adventurous, and made me almost puke. Hike to the summit. Did Mt Pulag, Mt Iraya in Batanes and I’m not sure I’m hiking any more summits! haha!
- Drown in Peruvian textiles and colors!
- Sky dive!
- Visit the queen
Join a foreign tour group. Our first stop was in Mt Nebo in Jordan Walk the wonder of Petra. Traversed the pink rose dusty road to see Petra‘s Treasury with a guardian stray dog Go to Japan
- See the Great Wall of China
- Swoon in Brazil
- Walk in Myanmar
- Get to the top of Macchu Pichu
- See the Taj Mahal
- Ride a hot air balloon
- Ride a helicopter
- Backpack Europe
- Backpack South America
- Visit Africa
- See Maldives
- Photograph the Northern Lights
- See an actual polar bear
- Feel the energy of a world cup live
- Experience watching an Olympics game live
- Get published on a local travel blog
- Get published on an international travel blog
Photograph the Cherry Blossoms. Hanami in Tokyo was such a blossom.
- Experience a white Christmas
- Photograph Holi Festival in India
- Feel the vibe in Mardi Gras
- Visit all 80 provinces of the Philippines
- Visit all 7 continents of the world
- Visit all 194 countries of the world
- Enjoy the Swedish massage in Sweden
- Experience Norway’s Fjords
- Go on a safari trip in Africa
- Watch a Coldplay concert anywhere in the world!
- Immerse with the tribesmen of Sapa Valley
- Experience sunset in Jebel Jais, UAE
- Camp in an Arabian desert under a starry sky
- Boat along the canals of Amsterdam
- Join a festival in Prague